WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course focusses upon the principles and practices of horticulture in a work-based environment.
The course consists of the following units:
· Monitoring and maintaining health and safety.
· Maintain and develop personal performance.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
· Preparing ground for seeding and planting.
· Establishing plants and or seeds in soil.
· Plus choice of optional units.
· Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT; the level to be taken determined by GCSE grades previously achieved. WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
You should have an interest in horticulture and be at least 16 years of age at the beginning of the course.
An initial assessment of literacy & numeracy to ensure you meet the prescribed level of skill to undertake the apprenticeship. Grade D and above in English & Maths GCSE would be a distinct advantage.For more information about this apprenticeship, download the course information sheet below:
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Work Based Horticulture