WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
● The apprenticeship builds on your Arboriculture and Forestry experience and knowledge already gained in the industry. The objectives of this apprenticeship are to develop the practical and supervisory skills and background knowledge that is required to manage a woodland or Lead an Arboriculture Team.
● Units include: Monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace; Select, mark and assess volume of standing trees; Co-ordinate and oversee habitat management work; Use a chainsaw from a rope and harness. WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
● Minimum entry level English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or above. Functional skills up-skilling sessions are available for those not meeting entry requirements.
● Arboriculture or forestry experience and knowledge gained in the industry.
● Applicants need to find a suitable employer where they can undertake their apprenticeship.For more information about this apprenticeship, download the course information sheet below:
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber