WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
● The apprenticeship builds on Gamekeeping experience and knowledge already gained in the industry. The objectives of this apprenticeship are to develop the practical and supervisory skills and background knowledge that is required to manage a sporting estate.
● Units include: public relations for a sporting estate; manage the production of dead game for human consumption; health and safety; estate maintenance; manage wild game populations, manage game habitat; develop an estate sporting plan. WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
● Minimum entry level English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or above. Functional skills up-skilling sessions are available for those not meeting entry requirements.
● Gamekeeping experience and knowledge gained in the industry.
● Applicants need to find a suitable employer where they can undertake their apprenticeship.For more information about this apprenticeship, download the course information sheet below:
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Gamekeeping and Wildlife Management