WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
Our well-equipped commercially run hair salon provides opportunities to develop skills within a commercial setting. You will be expected to build up a client base of paying customers in order in order to complete the practical assessments. This is a key feature of the course.
The NVQ Level 1 Diploma in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy is based on the National Occupational Standards for Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy. It is a job ready qualification which requires learners to demonstrate in the workplace the skills and knowledge required in the hairdressing and beauty therapy industry. This qualification confirms to occupational competence and the job readiness of the learner.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Colour removal
- Blow drying hair using different equipment
- Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Prepare and maintain salon treatment work areas
- Contribute to the development of effective working
- Basic Make up
- Reception duties
No formal requirements for Level 1 are set but a good standard of education including communication. A high level of professionalism is required at all times in addition to an interest in being creativeFor more information about this course, download the course information sheet below:
Level 1 Hair and Beauty