WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
An emphasis is placed upon the practical skills which include conditioning, shampooing, cutting, blow drying, setting, permanent waving, colouring and neutralising hair.
Our well-equipped commercially run hair salon provides opportunities to develop skills within a commercial setting. You will be expected to build up a client base of paying customers in order in order to complete the practical assessments. This is a key feature of the course.
The NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing is based on the National Occupational Standards for Hairdressing. It is a job ready qualification which requires learners to demonstrate in the workplace the skills and knowledge required in the hairdressing industry. This qualification attests to occupational competence and the job readiness of the learner. Mandatory units
• Cut hair using basic techniques
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Set and dress hair
• Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
• Advise and consult with clients
• Style and finish hair
• Change hair colour
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
2 GCSE at Grade 9 – 4 (A* to C)For more information about this course, download the course information sheet below:
Level 2 Hairdressing 2017-2018