WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
This programme covers many aspects of equestrianism including regular yard duties with particular emphasis on science, horse husbandry and work experience.
It is designed to equip students for success in employment and develops knowledge and understanding in practical skills at operational and supervisory level.
You will acquire skills and knowledge to enable you to meet changing circumstances in the modern world.
It is a vocational course equivalent to A Levels which will enable you to progress on to higher education.WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Be 16 years of age at the beginning of the course and have an interest in horses
- Have 5 GCSE passes at Grade 4 or above (including a science based subject)
For more information about this course, download the course information sheet below:
- Have successfully completed the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care with a least a Merit grade
- Have shown ability in riding and handling horses as measured by either BHS examinations, NVQ level 2 or other equivalent examinations or experience
- Mature entry is also available.
- Grade 4 in GCSE Maths and English is required for entry onto the Extended Diploma.
Level 3 Diploma in Horse Care 2017-2018