WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
The course is very practical with lots of chance to develop skills in a practical environment. Both skills and knowledge are assessed throughout the year by the completion of assignments. You will also complete a period of work experience during the course of the year. There are a variety of external visits which form part of your study programme and you will be appointed a personal tutor for the duration of the course.
The course consists of a range of units across different vocational areas and may include:
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
- Career Progression
- Planning an Enterprise Project
- Putting on an Enterprise Project
- Producing a Product
- Groom a Small Animal
- Assist with Catching and Restraining a Small Animal
- Assist with the Movement of Animals
- Assist with Preparing and Maintaining Livestock Accommodation
- Check that a Small Animal is Healthy
- Working in a Team
- Introduction to Pruning Trees and Shrubs
- Prepare and Plant a Container for Display
You will need to be interested in working in a vocational area and motivated to complete the course.WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Some Entry level qualifications.For more information about this course, download the course information sheet below:
Vocational Skills E3 Generic 2017-2018