NOTICE is hereby given that the Corporation of North Shropshire College intends to make a resolution dissolving the Corporation of North Shropshire College at midnight on 30 September 2018*, the date of the intended merger with Herefordshire and Ludlow College. The draft of the resolution is as follows:
The Corporation of North Shropshire College, having considered:
- Financial and due diligence reports on Herefordshire and Ludlow College as to its suitability to continue the business of North Shropshire College
- The outcome of the statutory consultation on its proposal to dissolve
- The transfer agreement between North Shropshire College and Herefordshire and Ludlow College
- The final proposals as to the merger with Herefordshire and Ludlow College
- The final proposed governance arrangements for the merged college
- The interests of its student beneficiaries, its staff and the local community
and having received confirmation from the Corporation of Herefordshire and Ludlow College that it has agreed to accept the transfer of all the property, rights and liabilities of North Shropshire College in accordance with section 27B(3) of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 (as amended) (‘FHEA’)
(a) in accordance with section 27B of the FHEA to dissolve and transfer all of the Corporation’s rights, assets and liabilities to Herefordshire and Ludlow College to take effect in accordance with the FHEA on the dissolution date which shall be midnight on 30 September 2018*, and
(b) to approve dissolution of North Shropshire College, in accordance with Article 27 (1) of its Articles of Government and the powers in section 27A of the FHEA, immediately after the transfer of all the rights, assets and liabilities of the College; and
(c) in accordance with section 27A(3) of the FHEA, to notify the Secretary of State for Education of this resolution and the dissolution date as soon as is reasonably practicable.
* This Notice is published on the basis of the intention of the two Corporations to merge at midnight on 30 September 2018 subject to the approval of the Corporations’ bid for Restructuring Funding: there is a possibility that the proposed date may be subject to change to a later date.