City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation
Do you want to become an electrician? This course will give you the opportunity to develop core skills and knowledge to enable you to progress towards becoming a qualified electrician.
This course will provide you with an introduction to electrical installation and the core skills and knowledge you will require to progress onto becoming a qualified
electrician. You will spend 70% of your time working hands-on in the electrical workshop developing practical skills and techniques required to enable you to progress to a career as a qualified electrician. The remaining 30% of the course will be spent covering essential theoretical aspects underpinning your developing skills in areas such as electrical science and technology.
City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installations
Progression routes shown are dependent on successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
Study options may include:
• Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation
• Level 2 Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
Employment options may include:
• Electricians mate
• Employment with an electrical contractor
You may also like....
• Diploma in Plumbing Level 1
Please note that any costs shown here are subject to change and that there may be additional material costs for your course.
There are various bursaries available to support eligible students with course-related costs.
Aged 16-18 years
There are no tuition or examination fees
Aged 19 or over (at the start of the course)
Different fees apply depending on your individual circumstances and prior qualifications. Please telephone 01691 688029 to speak to somebody who will be able to help
What does this subject include?
Topics you will cover include: • Structure of the Construction Industry • Electrical Installation Wiring & Terminations • Fabrication Techniques for Electrical Installation • Electrical Science & Technology Assessment is through written and practical centre marked assessments. All full-time students are required to study maths and English at the appropriate level.
- 101 Structure of the construction industry
- 102 Fundamental safe working practices
- 103 Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- 104 Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- 105 Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- 106 Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- 107 Electrical science and technology
What is the structure of the course?
70 % completed in the workshop and 30% completed in the theory room detailed in the units above.