Do you want to become an electrician? This course will give you the opportunity to develop core skills and knowledge to enable you to progress towards becoming a qualified electrician.
This course will provide you with an introduction to electrical installation and the core skills and knowledge you will require to progress onto becoming a qualified electrician. You will spend 70% of your time working hands-on in the electrical workshop, developing practical skills and techniques required to enable you to progress to a career as a qualified electrician. The remaining 30% of the course will be spent covering essential theoretical aspects, underpinning your developing skills in areas such as electrical science and technology.
Topics you will cover include:
Structure of the Construction Industry
Electrical Installation Wiring & Terminations
Fabrication Techniques for Electrical Installation
Electrical Science & Technology
Assessment is through written and practical centre marked assessments. All full-time students are required to study maths and English at the appropriate level.
City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installations
No formal entry qualifications are required
All applicants will undergo an initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
Places will be offered following a satisfactory interview
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Progression routes shown are dependent on the successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
Study options may include:
Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
Employment options may include:
Employment with an electrical contractor
You may also like....
Diploma in Plumbing Level 1
Please note that any costs shown here are subject to change and that there may be additional material costs for your course. There are various bursaries available to support eligible students with course-related costs.
Aged 16 – 18 years There are no tuition or examination fees
Aged 19 or over (at the start of the course) Different fees apply depending on your individual circumstances and prior qualifications. Please telephone 01691 688029 to speak to somebody who will be able to help.
Additional Course Costs
There is a £130 additional course cost for this course. Personal Protective Equipment you will also be expected to buy costing approximately £50