Gain an industry recognised qualification in electrical science, installation and technology, perfect for those wishing to progress to Level 3 and gaining qualified electrician status.
This qualification allows you to gain the knowledge and specialist craft skills of electrical installation in a workshop environment. Your practice and assessment on the installation of wiring systems, together with the relevant theory of electrical installation, will prepare you for progression into the electrical industry, further study or an apprenticeship. You will spend 70% of your time working hands-on in the electrical workshop, developing practical skills and techniques required to enable you to progress to a career as a qualified electrician. The remaining 30% of the course will be spent covering essential theoretical aspects underpinning your developing skills in areas such as electrical science and technology.
Topics you will cover include:
Health & Safety in Building Services Engineering
Electrical Installations Technology
Principles of Electrical Science
Practical Electrical Workshop Tasks
Assessment is through written and practical centre marked assessments and online examinations. All full-time students are required to study maths and English at the appropriate level.
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation
4 GCSEs at grade 9-4 (A-C) including English and maths
Successful interview and initial assessment
You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm and commitment for this subject area
Alternatively, you should have progressed from a Level 1 Electrical Diploma
Progression routes shown are dependent on the successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
Study options may include:
Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation
Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
Employment options may include:
White goods maintenance and repair
Employment with an electrical contractor
You may also like....
Plumbing Level 2
Please note that any costs shown here are subject to change and that there may be additional material costs for your course. There are various bursaries available to support eligible students with course-related costs.
Aged 16 – 18 years There are no tuition or examination fees.
Aged 19 or over (at the start of the course) Tuition Fee £945 | Registration/Exam Fee £150.
Additional Course Costs
There is a £260 additional course cost for this course. Personal Protective Equipment you will also be expected to buy costing approximately £50