Art & Design Level 3
- You will be trained in the latest techniques and skills, covering a range of new processes and critiquing the work of others.
This programme provides you with the necessary expertise and skills to enter higher education. It also allows you to develop your own creativity, as well as preparing for a career in the creative industries. The programme is suitable if you are progressing from a relevant Level 2 course or from suitable GCSEs. Throughout the programme you will explore the techniques and materials of areas that you may not have studied before. Each student’s creativity is nurtured and encouraged in a supportive environment and you will be tutored by practising artists and designers. As you develop your portfolio of work, you will also benefit from specialist facilities, in purpose-built studios and workshops.
Topics you will cover include:
- Visual Recording & Communication
- Materials, Techniques & Processes in Art & Design
- Studio Photography
- Non-Digital Photographic Techniques
- Graphics Materials, Techniques & Processes
Assessment is continuous and industry related, with assignments, tests, projects and practical work. You will complete two externally marked pieces of work each year, with the rest of the course being assessed by your tutor via practical work and coursework. All full-time students are required to study maths and English at the appropriate level.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Art & Design
- Five GCSE passes at grade C (grade 4) or above, (including maths and English) or a Merit in BTEC Level 2 in Art & Design
- Successful interview and initial assessment
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
Progression routes shown are dependent on successful completion of qualifications and meeting entry criteria.
Study options may include:
- A range of university degrees, including art and design, product design and marketing
Employment options may include:
- Apprenticeships in a range of art-related fields
You may also like....
- Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Creative Digital Media Production
Please note that any costs shown here are subject to change and that there may be additional material costs for your course. There are various bursaries available to support eligible students with course-related costs.
Aged 16 – 18 years
There are no tuition or examination fees
Aged 19 or over (at the start of the course)
Different fees apply depending on your individual circumstances and prior qualifications. Please telephone 01691 608029 to speak to somebody who will be able to help.
There is a £20 material fee cost for this course.