What does this subject include?
This course consists of a selection of the following units:
- The Engineered World
- Investigating an Engineered Product
- Health and Safety in Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Interpreting and Using Engineering Information
- Introduction to Communications for Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Machining Techniques
What is the structure of the course?
Please note this course is not being offered for Sep’18
The course is taught in units with specialist lecturers. There are both practical and theory aspects in the units. Each unit needs to be passed, they are assessed either by internal assessment, set assignments and exams.
What are the entry requirements?
- Be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course
- Have a keen interest in engineering
- You would need to have 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or a Level 1Engineering qualification at pass grade. Students are required to be self-motivated, disciplined and to take responsibility for their own learning