WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of the following units:
- 201: Working in Engineering (Core)
- 202: Principles of Engineering Technology (Core)
- 205: Machine Components using Turning Techniques
- 208: Principles of Maintenance Technology (Core)
- 210: Maintenance of Mechanical Devices and Systems
- 214: Welding by MIG Process
You are appointed a Personal Tutor for the duration of the course.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
Units 201 and 202 are assessed by online multiple choice examination.
Unit 208 is assessed by a short written answer examination.
Units 205, 210 and 214 are assessed by an assignment per unit covering practical and theoretical aspects of each subject. All assessment components can be taken when each student is ready.
"This was hands down the best decision of my life, I now fell ready to take the next step and I’ve met the most lovely people" -
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Yes if you enjoy practical hands on learning where engineering theory is related to practical application.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
To apply for this course you should ideally have: 5 GCSEs at grade D or above, including mathematics and a science or a level 1 qualification in Engineering.
More information about this course is available here: