IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Yes if you have 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths & English) and an interest in computer applications and systems.
Alternatively, a good grade such as a Merit grade or higher on the BTEC Information Technology level 2 course may allow access to this course. Some form of Level 2 literacy and numeracy is preferred. All learners will be interviewed before being offered a place on the course.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GAIN IF I SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE COURSE?
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Computing 3 A levels
BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Computer Science 2 A levels
BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Computing 1.5 A levels
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Computing 1 A levels
What does this subject include?
This course consists of a selection of the following units:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Planning and Management of Computing Projects
- Software Design and Development Project
- IT Systems Security and Encryption
- Business Applications of Social Media
- The Impact of Computing
- Digital Video
- Object-oriented Programming
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Systems Methodology
What is the structure of the course?
There are three main forms of assessment: external, internal and synoptic.
What are the entry requirements?
- Must have 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths & English)
- An interest in computer applications and systems.