What does this subject include?
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Public Services consists of five core units plus 13 optional specialist units:
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services
What is the structure of the course?
The course is studied over two years at NSC’s Oswestry Campus. The course will focus on developing a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attitudes essential to enter employment in the Public Service sector. Learning will be varied and active. There will be regular visits to public service organisations along with a range of study trips and day visits designed to enhance knowledge and team working skills.
What are the entry requirements?
- Four GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or 4 GCSE’s at levels 4-9 on new GCSE grading framework)