WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of the following units:
- Safe and effective practices in landbased industries
- Develop performance in landbased industries
- Assist with care of animals
- Assist with the movement, handling and wellbeing of animals
- Assist with maintaining the health and wellbeing of animals
- Introduction to crop systems
- Introduction to wildlife and conservation
- Enrichment activities
- Literacy and Numeracy
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
You will need to be interested in working with small animals and motivated to complete the course.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GAIN IF I SUCCESSFULLY
COMPLETE THE COURSE?
C&G Level 1 Diploma in Landbased Studies (Animal Care route)
HOW MANY HOURS, WEEKS, YEARS DOES IT LAST?
One year full time (3 days a week)
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
- 3 x A4 files, paper, pen, etc.
- Steel toe-capped boots, overalls and waterproofs
- Padlock for locker
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
- Level 2 in Agriculture
- Level 2 in Countryside Management
- Level 2 Apprenticeship
ARE THERE ANY EXTRA COSTS?
There may be the occasional trip relating to a unit within the course.
HOW DO I APPLY/JOIN THIS COURSE?
You can complete the application form online by visiting the College’s website www.nsc.ac.uk
. If you have any questions about the application process, you can call the College Admissions Team on 01691 688080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to come to one of the College campuses and meet with a member of our teaching team. You can ask any questions you have, usually at this meeting we will offer you a place on the course you have applied for.