WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of the following units:
- Safe and effective practices in land-based industries
- Develop performance in land-based industries
- Assist with the handling and restraint of animals
- Assist with feeding and watering animals
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of animal accommodation
- Assist with maintaining the health and wellbeing of animals
- Assist with the care of animals
- Enrichment activities (may include: Performing Arts, Sport)
- Literacy and Numeracy
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
The course is very practical and hands on with lots of chance to develop skills in a practical environment. Both skills and knowledge are assessed throughout the year by the completion of assignments. You will also complete a period of work experience during the course of the year. There are a variety of external visits which form part of your study programme and you will be appointed a personal tutor for the duration of the course.
"This was hands down the best decision of my life, I now fell ready to take the next step and I’ve met the most lovely people" -
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
You will need to be interested in working with small animals and motivated to complete the course.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
A minimum of four GCSE’s at grade 2 or below or an equivalent qualification.
More information about this course is available here: