WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of the following units:
- Undertake Work Related Experience in Land-based Studies
- Undertake Practical Animal Feeding
- Maintain Animal Health and Welfare
- Introduction to Animal Breeds and Grooming
- Maintain Animal Accommodation
- Introduction to the Principles and Practices of Animal Behaviour and Handling
- Understand the Basic Principles of Animal Biology
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
This is a ‘hands-on’ course which introduces you to a range of animals and their environments’. It offers excellent progression opportunities. It will enable you to gain knowledge and skills needed to work in the animal care industry.
Much of your study will be of a practical nature, working with a wide variety of animals in the animal care unit and on work experience.
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
You will spend half of your time in the classroom and half working with a wide variety of animals in the animal care unit and on work experience.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
You should be:-
Be 16 years of age at the beginning of the course and have an interest in animals
If you have at least one of the following you are likely to benefit more readily from the programme:-
"This was hands down the best decision of my life, I now fell ready to take the next step and I’ve met the most lovely people" -
More information about this course is available here: