WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of the following units:
- Undertake Work Related Experience in Land-based Studies
- Maintain Animal Health and Welfare
- Introduction to Riding Horses on the Flat
- Fit and Maintain Horse Tack and Clothing
- Undertake Horse Handling
- Undertake Routine Stable Duties
- The Principles of Feeding and Watering Horses
You are appointed a Personal Tutor for the duration of the course.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
This is a programme suitable for anyone wishing to eventually pursue a career with horses particularly if you have some hands-on experience with horses. It provides an excellent route to further qualifications or the world of work.
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
You need to:-
- Be 16 years of age at the beginning of the course and have an interest in horses.
- Be able to walk and trot unaided.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- 5 or more GCSEs at Grade D/E or above
- Appropriate NVQ level 1/Level 1 Diploma
- Appropriate experience/knowledge gained in a related working environment