WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of a selection of the following units:
- Undertake Work Related Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Environmental and Land-based Business
- Introduction to Crop Establishment
- Introduction to Farm Animal Production
- Tractor Driving
- Introduction to Sheep Husbandry
- Introduction to Dairy and Beef Cattle Husbandry
- Participate in Providing Estate Maintenance
- Introduction to Grass and Forage Crop Production
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
A ‘hands-on’ programme which provides a foundation of knowledge and practical skills needed for work in the changing world of agriculture. It incorporates essential work experience to help you progress to employment or further study.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
You should have an interest in agriculture and be at least 16 years of age at the beginning of the course and ideally have one of the following:-
- 5 GCSE’s grades at 2/3 or above
- NVQ Level 1
- Foundation GNVQ
More information about this course is available here: