WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of the following units:
• Undertake Work Experience
• Environmental and Land based Business
• Estate Maintenance
• Conservation and Improvement of British Habitats
• Introduction to Game Management
• Introduction to Practical Forestry Skills
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
Practical skill development, with an emphasis on learning within a practical
environ¬ment. Both skills and knowledge are continually assessed resulting in a portfolio of evidence collected by you. There are also end of unit tests to complete. You will also complete a two week block work based experience during the year.
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
This course is designed to equip learners with the skills, knowledge and experience to work in the countryside management sector. It is specifically designed for those students who want to pursue employment in forestry, game keeping or wildlife conservation. Students should be highly motivated, willing to learn and prepared to work outdoors in all weather! Additional qualifications will be included within the programme, thus adding depth to the qualification.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
• 5 GCSE’s at Grade 2 or above or BTEC First Extended Certificate in Agriculture
• Relevant Industry experience/interest
• Mature entry available
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GAIN IF I SUCCESSFULLY
COMPLETE THE COURSE?
Level 2 Diploma in Countryside Management