WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of combination of the following units:
- Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Understand the Principles of Animal Biology
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Manage Animal Accommodation
- Undertake and Review Work Related Experience
- Undertake Animal Handling and Safe Working
- Understand Animal Welfare and Breed Development
- Business Management in the Land-Based Sector
- Understand and Carry Out Farm Livestock Husbandry
- Undertake Kennel and Cattery Management
- Understand the Principles of Animal Nutrition
- Undertake an Investigative Project in the Land based Sector
- Understand Anatomy and Physiology
- Understand the Principles of Animal Nursing
- Understand the Principles of Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Understand and Interpret Animal Behaviour and Communication
- Understand the Principles and Carry Out the Practice of Exotic Animal Health and Husbandry
- Understand the Principles of Wildlife Populations, Ecology and Conservation
- Understand the Principles of Zoological Animal Health and Husbandry
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GAIN IF I SUCCESSFULLY
COMPLETE THE COURSE?
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Animal Management (Subsidiary/90 Credit/Diplama/ Extended).
OTHER RELEVANT DETAILS?
The course is made up on units and your academic and practical progress will be continually assessed through projects, practicals, assignments, work experience, presentations and tests throughout the two years.
HOW MANY HOURS, WEEKS, YEARS DOES IT LAST?
1 year full time for Subsidiary/90 Credit Diploma
2 years full time for Diploma/Extended Diploma
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
Steel toe capped boots
HOW CAN I PREPARE MYSELF BEFORE THE COURSE BEGINS?
Organise a work placement. Subscribe to magazines in your main area of interest e.g. Dog World.