WHAT DOES THE SUBJECT INCLUDE?
The course consists of a range of units across and may include:
- Career Progression
- Groom a Small Animal
- Check a small animal is healthy
- Assist with feedstuffs for small animals
- Farm Animal Health
- Assist with the movement of farm animals
- Assist with planting and establishing plants
- Working in a team
- Personal and Social development
- Literacy and Numeracy
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE?
The course is very practical with lots of chance to develop skills in a practical environment. Both skills and knowledge are assessed throughout the year by the completion of assignments. You will also complete a period of work experience during the course of the year. There are a variety of external visits which form part of your study programme and you will be appointed a personal tutor for the duration of the course.
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
You will need to be interested in working in a vocational area and motivated to complete the course.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
Some Entry level qualifications.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GAIN IF I SUCCESSFULLY
COMPLETE THE COURSE?
Edexcel Entry Level 3 Diploma in Vocational Studies.
HOW MANY HOURS, WEEKS, YEARS DOES IT LAST?
One year full time (3 days a week)
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
- 3 x A4 files, paper, pen, etc.
- Steel toe-capped boots, overalls and waterproofs
- Padlock for locker
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
- Any vocational related subject areas within Level 1 including construction, hospitality and catering, sport and leisure, agriculture, animal care, leisure and tourism, horticulture, etc.
ARE THERE ANY EXTRA COSTS?
There may be the occasional trip relating to a unit within the course.
HOW DO I APPLY/JOIN THIS COURSE?
You can complete the application form online by visiting the College’s website www.nsc.ac.uk. If you have any questions about the application process, you can call the College Admissions Team on 01691 688080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to come to one of the College campuses and meet with a member of our teaching team. You can ask any questions you have, usually at this meeting we will offer you a place on the course you have applied for.