Cleaners (Part time)
The College is looking for cleaners to be based at our Walford campus (near Shrewsbury). The hours are: 6:00 am to 9:00 am, 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, 5 pm to 8 pm. Candidates may choose to declare their interest in any or all of these time slots. Additional hours will also be considered.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the effective and safe cleaning of the College premises as instructed. Areas to be cleaned include classrooms, offices, workshops, laboratories, corridors, toilets, refectory area, student accommodation etc. In some areas it may be necessary to use machinery, e.g., floor scrubbers or vacuum cleaners.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
• Carrying out the cleaning of designated areas as specified by College Management in the manner and to the standard laid down by them.
• Reporting deficiencies in cleaning materials and faulty equipment promptly.
• Carrying out the work in the agreed periods and keeping good time.
• Paying special attention to health and safety relating to cleaning duties.
• Carrying out any other reasonable cleaning related duties as they may arise.
• Some moving of tables and chairs.
• Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the line manger
HLC is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
For further information and application form please visit our website: www.nsc.ac.uk/jobs or telephone 01691 688000.
For further information about this vacancy please contact Samantha Smith, Estates Supevisor
Closing date: 30th November 2022
Interview date: TBC